TOKYO — September 6, 2019 — LVC Corporation (“LVC”), a group company of LINE Corporation (“LINE”) and operator of LINE’s cryptocurrency and blockchain-related businesses, has become a registered cryptocurrency exchanger under Japan’s Payment Services Act on September 6, 2019.
LVC has been persevering to produce a sound business plan and activity, streamline the service’s security and system operation, and build a robust team to operate a secure service in accordance with the Financial Services Agency’s (“FSA”) guidance on the screening process and other necessary steps for the registration of new cryptocurrency exchangers.
Meanwhile, LINE TECH PLUS PTE. LTD. (LINE’s group company) has been operating the BITBOX cryptocurrency exchange since July 2018 in all countries except Japan and the United States as part of LINE’s efforts to develop and deliver a wide variety of financial services to make money more accessible to people around the world.
As a result, LVC has been listed in FSA’s official registry of virtual currency exchange service providers published today. LVC is now ready to begin preparing for the launch of its cryptocurrency exchange which places user safety and security in its forefront. Details of the service and schedule will be announced separately.
Administrative jurisdiction: Kanto Finance Bureau
Registration number: Director of the Kanto Finance Bureau №00017
Registration date: September 6, 2019
Name of cryptocurrency exchanger: LVC Corporation
Corporate number: 3011101083054
Supported cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Ripple (XRP), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Litecoin (LTC)
About LINE Corporation
(1) Name: LINE Corporation
(2) Head office: JR Shinjuku Miraina Tower 23F, 4–1–6 Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo
(3) Representative: Takeshi Idezawa, Representative Director, President, and CEO
(4) Business: Provision and operation of the LINE messaging app and content and services made available on the LINE platform, in addition to other web service businesses and AI businesses
(5) Capital: JPY 96.448 billion (as of June 30, 2019)
(6) Date of establishment: September 4, 2000
About LVC Corporation
(1) Name: LVC Corporation
(2) Head office: Sumitomo Fudosan Osaki Garden Tower 22F, 1–1–1 Nishishinagawa, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo
(3) Representative: Yongsu Ko, Representative Director and CEO
(4) Business: Holding company operating cryptocurrency brokerage and blockchain-related businesses
(5) Capital: JPY 4.06 billion
(6) Established: January 31, 2018
(7) Registration number: Cryptocurrency exchanger, Director of the Kanto Finance Bureau №00017